Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Brody's big debut!


It's been ages since I blogged and what better time then with you're sitting in the hospital waiting to go home. Brody James was born last night at 8:12. He weight 6'15 and I don't know his other stats because they took them later after the party left.
We reported to the hospital at 6am yesterday to be induced. It took a long time because Brody didn't really like it when we would up the pitosin to get things going. By 6pm I was still only 5cm and getting very anxious. The nurse check me again at quater to eight and I was there! Three pushes and we were done with no tares!
Hanging out with the family the night before:


Daddy manned the phones
Mommy did the work... of course this was just after we got the epidural.Baby's first little cries. He came out with the cutest little pout ever.

Brody was bright eyed and curious as soon as he came out. He was looking around and checking things out for three hours after delivery.

8 comments:

karis stapley said...

Wow! Congrats guys! Welcome to this world Brody! I love that newborn cry. So what does David think of his new little brother?!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to have another great-nephew (I had to google that). I'll see you mid August when I come down for a visit.

Welcome to the family Brody....love you.

CJ

Hayley Hatch said...

YEAH! He is adorable! CONGRATS!!!

Katie Stacey said...

Congrats! He's a cutie.

Nicole said...

Hope you don't mind... I found your blog through someone else in the ward. Congratulations on the new baby!!!

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Congrats Mary! Im glad everything went well and that you didnt have to get a c-section or anything.

Unknown said...

congrats again! what a beautiful
baby boy!!! miss you- xoxo

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

Happy BIrthday Brody!!! he is a cutie...2 kids are alot of work but a ton of fun. I love your cabinets too:)