Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Coloring

We have a little problem...

David is enjoying coloring so much I am finding it everywhere! Yes, that is permanent marker and it goes all the way up those skinny little legs. Just when I think I have relocated all the markers and crayons, there is another incident! My mom would tell you it runs in the family. When I was little she heard me singing, "rida rida rida." When she found me it was too late I had colored all over her piano with a permanent marker. Payback I suppose.

He is definitely going through another "test the limits" phase though because we have a few things going on like this.  Things he knows are wrong but does them anyways.  His other big issue... well lets just say I told him today that if it happens again he has to wear a diaper like a baby. It's been a very messy week.  

We had an great weekend, which included getting a new grill! Joe and David worked outside for a good hour putting it together. All my boys were so excited to use it. I almost made Joe cry when I told him he had to wait till dinner to use it. Here they are lighting it up.


 What did we do with the old grill?
What everyone does with a well loved grill, sawed off the legs and used it to burn our Christmas tree! It worked great and now we can roast marshmallows anytime we want. Yum yum! David liked his burn and Brody's didn't even make it on the stick.
The boys got a little close and were singeing off there little eyebrows.
 We were outside today and the boys were hovering over the grill hoping for more marshmallows. Brody said pointing to the grill, "babaaba, dada home!" In other words "dad come home so we can have another fire. He has been saying "dada home" a lot lately. We get the message Brode, Dad's the best! Work is over rated!

2 comments:

Kelcie said...

that grill was awesome (Will's secretly jealous of it!) and i love the mallow pic of the kids!

Unknown said...

Um, you got a new grill? Without us? I think I can speak for Eli too when I say we are officially offended.

That's it, I'm making your baked potato sour-cream-and-butter-and-cheese-yumminess without you.

And maybe I'll let some cornbread overflow in my oven too, out of spite.

Like I said, officially offended.