Monday, October 12, 2009

We love our house!

We have now been in our house for four months, and we love it! I haven't taken any house pictures since the construction days, so here are a few. We aren't done yet... I love new project we will probably never be done.
WELCOME HOME!
For those of you who have been to our house this might be boring, but let's take a little tour and I will show you what is new and what we are still working on. The little tree stand squished on the left side of this picture is something I found and fell in love with. It was a great deal and helps cozy up the room.
We made all the pillows thanks to grandma Lisa. Can you find Brody? Hint: he's under the tiger blanket. There behind the couch is a book shelve that we repainted white. Joe and I have been very happy with it.
It sat in our garage for weeks, I think that it is the only project thus far that we have really finished! Still working on arranging the shelves.Notice the bar stools... nothing fancy but they work. There are actually some stools at pier 1 that I love but they are a little pricey. The white blanket Jan got for us in St. Louis, it is the perfect napping blanket thanks Jan!
Still need a table for our TV, and some day a new TV too! Our wish list grows daily.The view from the kitchen sink, I spend a lot of time here. Now we have a new art piece on our fireplace.
I want to mount it on a white background that is taller then it is wide so there will be blank canvas above the tree. We also thought about painting the canvas (hence the red on the box that's up there now). This is one of my new projects.
The kitchen...
This is in my kitchen, actually I just hung these this morning. I like them! I want to put a row of hooks under them for coats. Then eventually I want to find a little bench to sit on that has cubbys for shoes! Can you see it?
I love these!
I found this the same day and really like it, but couldn't find a place to put it so... back it goes.
Here's the little man for you. He loves raspberries! These were nice big ones. Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour. We'll do more when I have more to show. Have any ideas or suggestions they are always welcome.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Hmmmm... makes me want to work from home again!

De Anne said...

I haven't been to your home. Thanks for the tour. It's beautiful!

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

This might sound weird, but I love your kitchen sink! I love the faucet...I'm a little obsessed with them. I think your living room is so cozy and fresh looking. You have really great taste. Come help me with my house!

Hayley Hatch said...

Your house is BEAUTIFUL!

Ashley said...

Hi Mary! Your house is beautiful! You've done a GREAT job! I especially love the book shelf and artwork you've chosen. You're a true decorator!